About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Get Real

Literature that describes this generation, the next generation and the last generation abounds. Who gets to name generations anyway? It seems everybody has a description of what makes us tick. If you're a boomer, buster, Xer, nexter. millennial, best generation or worst generation you know what I'm talking about. I think we should only name generations after they pass. Then we could be more accurate. For example, there are 165 Starbucks within a five mile radius in Manhattan. How 'bout the coffee buzz generation? I have picked up a common theme that pervades most writing about our culture today. It is a cry for authenticity. A desire for "real people". I am convinced that when we "get real" we recognize our need for God's help more than ever.

No comments: