About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, June 8, 2007

I do

I'm preparing to do a wedding ceremony this afternoon. Whenever I conduct a wedding I always reflect on my wedding...almost 19 years ago. Lynn was so beautiful with her big hair. I was so handsome with hair. The rain that is falling outside today reminds me that we picked the first day of October for our wedding because it is "always beautiful weather" in early October. Of course, it rained all day. We still can't predict the weather, but I have gotten better at predicting relationships that will flourish. As I meet with couples prior to the wedding day, I have learned to look for some simple predictors. A strong commitment to build a marriage on the words of John is helpful: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us. (1 John 4:18-19) As our love grows and is tested and perfected, our fear diminishes. We grow in freedom to be honest. To love. To give and receive. Our love is anchored in Christ's love for us.

No comments: