About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A.S.K.

This morning I was reflecting on the words of Jesus. He said to ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find and knock and it will be opened to you (Matthew 7:7). While this message from Jesus holds great promise it is also packed with deliberate responsibility. What kind of questions will you ask today? Will you ask for things that will benefit others? Will you ask to see God at work today? Will you ask for Him to help you know Him. To see Him at work? To recognize His will and purpose? What are you seeking? Upon which doors will you knock? The door of someone in need? In the book The Question behind the Question, John Miller suggests that we can get into the habit of making better choices by asking better questions. Asking better questions can lead to a more productive and accountable life. Certainly, God wants us to live more productive and accountable lives. We tend to ask questions that fuel our uncertainty rather than those that pave the way for development. For example, we would rather ask "why?" than "how can I grow through this situation?".

No comments: