About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Need Help?

Why is it so painful to admit we need help? If you are female and reading this you may not struggle as much as we "men" do. By the way, there is a scientific explanation. We have the XY chromosome set - you have the XX. When men are asked if they know what they are doing, the "Y" chromosome pops up uncontrollably and answers "Yep" for us. "Yep I know what I'm doing". When asked if we know where we are going. Same thing happens. "Yep" I know how to get there. Although men may be worse at this, we all struggle against hypocrisy. In His sermon on the mount, Jesus repeatedly said "don't be like the hypocrites". When Jesus taught us how to pray, there is a reason he taught us to begin by acknowledging God as our Father. Real relationships destroy hypocrisy. Intimacy forces us to get real. God knows our needs before we ask. He knows what we know and what we don't know. There's no bluffing God.

No comments: