About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, June 11, 2007

You can be a star


In general I am not a big fan of the NBA. For the most part professional basketball seems like a different sport than college basketball. Some of my disinterest may have something to do with the way the "stars" outshine the game. I watched about 2 minutes of the second game of the finals. The Spurs thumped the Cavs. I think the Cavs were down by 20 plus points before the first half ended (a real nail-biter). Something that I have noticed at the college level and the pro level is that when a foul is called the expression on the face of the guilty party is priceless. A picture paints a thousand words. The facial expressions begin with "who me?", "I'm shocked and surprised" and continues with "I can't believe you called a foul on me!" and a gracious acceptance of the fact that the referee made a mistake and "I will forgive you this time". That's star power. What wonderful acting. This is quite a contrast to how Philippians 2:15 describes star power. "Do all you have to do without complaint or wrangling, show yourself guiltless and above reproach...in a warped and crooked generation in which you shine like stars in a dark world".

No comments: