About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Change

I am a Vol fan. Right now that means I am a women's softball world series fan. Last night Arizona defeated the Lady Vols to force a final game in the World Series. It was a great game. A classic duel between two great pitchers. Tennessee's Monica Abbott was dominant as usual. Arizona's pitcher Taryne Mowatt came away with the victory. Her "change up" pitch was a source of great frustration for the Tennessee batters. Whether in life or softball we struggle with the unexpected. When the speed of a pitch changes by 20 mph it is hard to adjust. How well do you adjust when things don't happen at the speed you expect? I am not a sports star, but I do know the importance of attitude. My attitude toward change makes a big difference whether or not I grow through it or suffer through it. I am hopeful that the Lady Vols will adjust tonight and capture their first national championship.

2 comments:

Marcelo Satiro said...

God Bless You Pastor.
I am Pastor Marcelo Satiro - Brazil
my web site: www.amigosdaafrica.org

Brandi said...

I really love the way you can take something as simple and passed-over as a softball game (or Jack Sparrow's compass) and turn it into something profound. Keep this going, it's really great.