About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day is here. Mine has been great. Nicholas cooked breakfast for me. I enjoyed a wonderful omelet. Lynn spoke at church today. I heard a great message. We enjoyed lunch together and now I am reflecting on the blessings of fatherhood. As I have mentioned before, fatherhood is one of the most intimidating challenges in life. If I turn the clock back about 11 years, I can remember how frightening it was to me to think about bringing a child into the world. In the summer of 1996 Nicholas was on the way and I didn't have a clue how much my life would be enriched by a son. To list the lessons I have learned would take more than a decade of blogging. But, I can't help but list two. First, I have learned so much about a Father's love for a son. My understanding of God has changed dramatically. More specifically, my perspective on God's grace, forgiveness, discipline and love is completely changed. Second, being a father has changed the way I think about time. Time is more precious. Every day is special.

No comments: