About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

vacation bible school

What a name. Vacation Bible School is no vacation. I guess Evening Labor Camp for Adults isn't a very appealing name. Seriously, I am a huge fan of VBS. It's great to see so many people working so hard and having so much fun. When I look around it is a reminder of what is possible when we unleash our creativity and energy for God. My favorite moment thus far was watching some preschoolers lift their hands up in the air during a worship song last night. They don't understand all of the theological principles involved in worship. Nor do they care. But they do enjoy reaching up toward heaven and reaching out for God's embrace. The simplicity and purity of their actions is inspiring.

No comments: