About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Transformers


This is not a review of the upcoming movie "Transformers". Thought, the title does catch my attention. It should be the title of our collective "autobiography" as followers of Jesus. We are engaged in a a constant journey of transformation. The New Testament says that we should be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). Even though we have a natural tendency to resist change, it is unavoidable. The Apostle Paul makes it clear that we will either be changed by the influences of this world or we will be transformed by the renewing of our minds. The choice is not whether or not we will change but whether we will choose the correct path of change. So how is your mind renewal going? Also, are you sharpening your ability to detect the changes that the world around you offers to your character? Hint: they are not always good. OK by now you're wishing this was a movie review of "Transformers". I'll close with this thought. What goes on in your mind will matter today. Renew!

No comments: