About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Plan for the week

It's Monday. What is your plan for the week? Have you given any thought to what is most important this week? Jesus had some strong words for his "would be" followers. He compared the journey of a disciple to that of someone beginning a construction project (Luke 14:28). His words were strong. He said that it was unwise to begin a project without first counting the cost. The same is true today. We must count the cost of discipleship. But, I believe the principle applies to many other areas of our lives. Monday is a good day to count the cost of having a productive week. In order to have the kind of week God wants us to have it will cost us. Only when we take some time to consider our mission for the week will we be able to make decisions wisely. It is impossible to anticipate every situation for the week ahead, but that is an even greater reason to make sure we have our hearts centered on God in order to be able to adjust on the fly. Make it a great week!

No comments: