About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Theological Research

Have you done any theological research today? I'm not talking about standing at the front door of church with a clipboard and survey. I'm talking about prayer. Dallas Willard describes prayer as "genuine theological research". He developed this description because he believes that prayer is "the method for understanding what and who God is". I agree. Prayer is God's open door policy. He invites us to discover who He is and what He is doing. He invites us to witness, discuss and participate in His work. We are more than "shadows" at work with our Father. We are apprentices learning the family business. As we discover more of God through prayer we are changed by His presence and we reflect more of His grace in our lives.

No comments: