About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Car Cleaning

I decided to vacuum my car. It's something I try to do every other year. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over time. In general I try to keep the seats clear enough to accommodate a few passengers. But, with the help of Nicholas the back seats are a little risky. So in my vacuum adventure I discovered some lost items: Green lantern's head, a miniature light saber, wood chips from landscaping timbers, a roll of string (don't have a clue) and the usual assortment of writing utensils. On the bright side I could probably survive most any unsuspected natural disaster or attack. For those of you not old enough to remember McGyver - ask your parents. I believe we all have a tendency to collect junk without realizing it. That's why David asked God's help. His prayer is a reminder that we get to comfortable with the stuff that creeps into our lives.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you,and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
(Psalm 139:23-24)

3 comments:

BILLIE METLER said...

I REMEMBER YOUR CAR-CLEANING EXPERTISE ! IT'S GOOD THAT WE KNOW YOU ARE FAR MORE CONCERNED WITH A CLEAN "TEMPLE". WHEN WE MEET HIM FACE TO FACE, HE WON'T BE ASKING WHAT'S IN THE FLOOR OF OUR SUV ! WHEW......THANK GOODNESS.

BILLIE METLER
(better known as MOM

Paul Metler, Ph.D. said...

Thanks Mom!

lauren said...

That's nice...i'll take my car to a car wash after installing some bmw E36 parts to give it a total new look.