About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, May 4, 2007

Spiderman 3

Another epic battle between good and evil burst onto the movie scene today. I must confess, my "spidey senses" are tingling with anticipation. Although, truth be known I have a feeling I know how it will go. After all, most movies are pretty predictable. I had a pretty strong sense that the Titanic was going down before the movie was ever over. Oh yes, I was really surprised that the lingering effects of steroids were not enough to get Rocky his 12th? victory in the ring in his final bout against an opponent that was young enough to be his grandson. But, we still get all worked up for 90 minutes waiting to see it unfold. Must be the popcorn. I guess it is a parable of life. I know good is more powerful than evil. I know that the Bible offers a confident word that "greater is He that is in us than He that is in the world". If you are a follower of Jesus you are engaged in the greatest battle of all time. Will you fight the "good fight" of faith today with absolute confidence?

No comments: