About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Laughter

Words to live by. A merry heart does good like medicine (Proverbs 17:22). I love to laugh. The benefits of laughter are supported by the Bible, science and experience. There is nothing quite like it. Of course, not everyone is blessed to have the material that I have. I am speaking of the blessing of "preaching on TV". That means that I have video reminders of every blooper (large and small). Just a couple of weeks ago my East Tennessee grammar overwhelmed me in the midst of my sermon. I watched myself on the video and it was even worse than I thought. Upon watching myself I faced a great choice...to laugh or not to laugh. I think you know the answer. Let me challenge you to find the humor in the midst of your day. Some of your greatest "embarrassments" can become be great opportunities to smile and laugh at yourself.

No comments: