About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Great Day

Today I attended "field day" with Nicholas at his school. It was an all day event with relay races, football throws (Nicholas took first place in the football throw) and all kinds of ridiculous games that were designed to get everyone wet. I was a typical proud dad. It was a great day. For me, the day included a very special highlight. In addition to watching my son Nicholas I enjoyed watching another fourth grader compete. He competed with the best of them. It was great to see him in the races. I was inspired by his effort. I enjoyed watching him all day. His smile drew my attention like a magnet. His joy was contagious. By the way, I should mention that he has lost both of his legs above his knees. Without the aid of prosthetics, he competed in the races. If you haven't smiled today, you should.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I might be reading this late, but I'm smiling ...