About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lightning bugs

Summer's here for sure. I know that because lightning bugs are out. If you have never stopped to thank God for creating an animal you really should. Actually, I think parents through the ages have given thanks for lightning bugs. Long before game boy, game cube, Playstation, Wii...there were lightning bugs. No battery, no plug in, no cheats, nothing required. All parents had to say was "go catch lightning bugs". Two hours later kids return: fascinated, exhausted and ready for bed. Of course kids of a meaner sort returned with fluorescent goo all over their hands, wiffle ball bats and other things (so I have heard). Sometimes I think lightning bugs remind me of our spirituality. On again off again. Jesus said that his followers are the light of the world. The light that is needed is a consistent steady light and not a light that flashes on and off and is only present for a season and then disappears.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Paul Paul! I really like your blog...I enjoy reading it. How have you been? Sissy and Nick doing well I hope? well, cya in a couple of weeks! :)

love you

Paul Metler, Ph.D. said...

Thanks LaLa. My blogging is not as creative as yours. But, hey it's a start. Thanks for the encouragement