About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Summer

I love summer. What's so great about summer? Warm weather. Sunshine. Long days. I don't like cold weather and I don't like it when it's cold and dark at 6:00 in the evening. This week summer will officially begin for many school children. Forget the calendar. For kids in school, summer begins the moment school ends. I guess I am still a fourth grader at heart. There is a rush of joy that comes upon me when summer arrives. My love for summer is about more than the weather. There's something about being outside that is refreshing to me. I love to sit outside at night and look into the sky. This past weekend I sat in silence and looked at a distant star. It was a reminder to me that I am small and God is big. Does that make me feel isolated or comforted? Well I tend to appreciate the truth of the Psalm...He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name (Psalm 147:3-4). What a contrast. The Psalm paints a picture of an infinite God who knows about every star and yet He is willing to minister healing to my brokenness.

No comments: