About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Spiderman 3 1/2

OK the movie's out and you have probably heard numerous reviews...so I won't give you another. As I noted earlier as a follower of Jesus we participate in a "good vs. evil" drama everyday. What if our bodies showed the visible marks of the epic battle? What if our victories and defeats were visible to all? In Spiderman 3, Peter Parker takes a walk on the wild side and his choices are visible - he chooses to wear a black suit rather than his normal red and blue spiderman suit. In the black suit it is easy to recognize that he has chosen a sinful path rather than a righteous one. At one point Jesus told us that we should consider plucking out our right eye if it causes us to sin. I wonder how many of us should be wearing a patch today? I'm not advocating a literal obedience to this teaching. I do question whether or not we consider the costs of our sinful choices.

No comments: