About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother's Day

This is a not so subtle reminder that Sunday is Mother's Day. Give it some thought. If you are supposed to buy a present - buy one. If you are supposed to call - call. I have a reflection about Lynn's first Mothers's Day to share. Mother's Day 1997. I had a great day planned for Lynn. It was her first as a new mom. Nicholas was about five months old and full of life. I was excited about the day at The Good Shepherd Church of God in Dewey, Arizona. What a day! However, we had a slight glitch in the wonderful day. Nicholas didn't cooperate. He was very sick and he was kind enough to share the fact that he was sick with us Saturday night (all night) and Sunday morning. Lynn took him in and celebrated with the little tater in a waiting room. I went to church and preached a marvelous Mother's Day sermon. And Lynn received a special gift - ear infections for Nicholas. Truthfully, this is a great picture of Mother's Day. Lynn did what my mom had done so many times. A few months later my mom flew 2000 miles to be with me during my eye surgery. Thanks Moms!

No comments: