About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dentistry or Pro Basketball

I was watching an interview with Greg Oden this week. He is the basketball star from Ohio State who is likely to be the first pick in the NBA draft. As a seven footer he is easy to spot in a crowd. In his interview he was asked if playing in the NBA was the fulfillment of a childhood dream. His answer was interesting. He shared that his dream as a child was to be a dentist not play pro basketball. With a smile he noted that dentistry was out of the question because of the size of his hands. Good choice Greg. I enjoyed the interview. Oden's stature is a gift from God that made one career an impossibility and another possible. I couldn't help but remember that my childhood dream was to be a veterinarian. Although I didn't pass up that career to play in the NBA, my dreams have gone through several changes. Now I am living my dream. I love being a pastor, husband and father. Sometimes God blesses us with all kinds of gifts that change us and shape us for new dreams.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I'm glad you got your dream, Paul. And from what I've seen, you've truly succeeded.