About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Cross over

Fenelon's words "you and I are nothing without the cross" are hard for us to embrace. They echo Paul the apostle's words about considering everything in his life as worthless compared to his relationship with the crucified Christ. We live in such a "make something of yourself" world that it is hard for us to let go and find our identity in sacrifice. The irony is strong. A life that is full of meaning is found in emptying ourselves. And so much of what offers us meaning and fulfillment is empty. That's why life in Christ is called "new life". Everything is different when we discover the significance of the cross.

No comments: