About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Reflection

I drove to Chattanooga today to teach at a seminar for new ministers. It always amazes me how many memories flood into my mind when I travel down Interstate 75 alone. It is a stretch of highway that I traveled when I attended Seminary in Cleveland. That particular stretch of highway was the equivalent of an altar of prayer for me during many of those trips (especially my last year). For some reason my mind always goes back to those conversations with God. It was a time of searching and questioning for me. Lynn and I wanted to receive direction from God and the courage to follow Him. God provided the direction that resulted in a wonderful experience in planting and pastoring a church in Arizona. I have learned that reflecting on prayers and answers to prayers is powerful. It helps me gain perspective on the present and understanding of my past.

No comments: