About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

No whiners

We hear and use the expression "my cross to bear". In my study of the writings of Fenelon (1651-1715) he has some interesting things to say about our association with Jesus and his willingness to die for our sins on the cross. The cross is a reminder to us that we are to put our selfish desires to death. Fenelon says, "you and I are nothing without the cross. I agonize and cry when the cross is working within me, but when it is over I look back in admiration for what God has accomplished. Of course I am then ashamed I bore it so poorly."

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hmmm, I might have to look some of this up for myself. Seems like terribly interesting reading. I really like the quote you left, it's something that rings true in these ears, and I'm sure in many others.