About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Have you laughed today?

Last night I was in a class on health. Don Colbert's book "The Seven Pillars of Health" has served as a guide for the class. One of the seven pillars is "coping with stress". Colbert emphasizes the importance of laughter. It is both biblical and medically sound to laugh. Proverbs 17:22 declares "a cheerful heart is good medicine" Research shows that laughter reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, boosts the immune system and improves brain function. Rediscover your sense of humor. Give yourself permission to laugh at yourself.

No comments: