About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Look again

According to C.S. Lewis, "every age has its own outlook. It is specially good at seeing certain truths and specially liable to make certain mistakes". I tend to agree. It is so easy to get caught up in certain ways of "seeing" when those ways are reinforced by the world around us. For example, we value efficiency in our culture. That is good. After all, God doesn't want us to waste time. Yet, we seem specially liable to cultivate impatience. Have you had to wait in a drive-through line lately? How did you handle it? As you waited for someone to cook your food for you and carry it to the car for you and reach out to take your money so you didn't have to leave your car...and it took five minutes instead of two?

No comments: