About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Peace

I am continuing my journey in the writings of Fenelon (1651-1715). Today's reading reminds me that "peace and comfort are to be found only in simple obedience. Remain at peace, for peace is what God wants for you no matter what is happening." So, if I want a peaceful day today, Fenelon would encourage me to be obedient. His words confirm that turmoil on the outside cannot compare to turmoil on the inside. I can't control the world around me, but I am responsible for what's in my heart.

No comments: