About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Don't drown

I was reading an illustration this morning that is worth passing along. The illustration begins with a question. Have you ever wondered why a duck doesn't drown? Ducks have a special gland that releases oil making their feathers waterproof. This helps the ducks stay afloat. It's a great reminder of how we stay afloat. All of us feel a little overwhelmed from time to time. During those times it is good to remember that many times in the Bible "oil" is symbolic of God's presence in our lives. It takes practice to learn to rely upon God's presence to keep us afloat above the tide of stress and anxiety, but it is God's desire to help us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Paul! This is Bobby Williams, student pastor from New Life Fellowship in Clinton. Keep it up!

Brandi said...

Wow, that is good. Food for thought ...

Kim Williams said...

Love this!