About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Friendship

Last night I enjoyed a special treat. We spent the evening with friends from Virginia. They are passing through the area on their way to Lousiana for a family reunion. Lynn, Nicholas and I lived in Charlottesville for two years from 1998-2000. While we were there God blessed us in many ways. The greatest blessing we received was the gift of friendship. Friendship is hard to define. At times it means laughter. At times it means inspiration. At times it means comfort. God teaches us so much through friends. Have you ever noticed that food tastes better when eaten with friends? When we moved to Virginia we never imagined how God would bless us with relationships that would be so rich and enduring. I'm so glad he did.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Like you, I have found that friendship is one of God's greatest blessings. I have had my best friend in my life since our childhood, and we've been through so much together as we were growing up. She's more like a sister to me than a friend, and I can't imagine what my life would be like without her in it.

God gives us so much in our lives, doesn't He, so many "little" things that most people don't think much about, but friends? They are truly blessings, angels sent from Him to comfort us in hard times, and praise with us in good ones.