About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Good Monday Morning

Sometimes we begin Monday morning anxious to get past Monday. I happen to love Monday mornings because I spend time with some brothers at a Bible study. Yesterday I shared a quote from Kyle Strobel's book Metamorpha. I think it puts our Mondays in proper perspective. He writes how God has changed his view of Christian life. At first he focused on salvation only in terms of escape from God's impending judgment. Over time his understanding has broadened considerably. Strobel writes,

"It seemed to me I was saved from God by God. I failed to see I was saved by God for God and that his saving grace means eternal living here and now. My understanding of the Christian life had everything to do with what eventually will happen and had little to do with what currently is happening...we must never fail to actually journey with Jesus".

Let's journey with Jesus...on Monday's too.

No comments: