About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Good Gift

What makes a good gift good? After encouraging his followers to ask, seek and knock. Jesus reminded them that the Father knows how to give his children good gifts. Through the years I have received too many gifts from my earthly father to remember. Many of the gifts I received are long gone. My dog I received for my second Christmas has been in "doggy heaven" for years. The bicycles that I rode and wrecked are on a scrap heap somewhere. But, I still have my bright red tool box in the garage. I remember when I received it for Christmas. I was a little less than excited at the time. Time has revealed that it was a good gift..a very good gift. I still have it. I still use it. It has traveled to Arizona, Virginia and back to Tennessee. Dad knew it was a good gift when he gave it to me. God knows when gifts are good when He gives them to us. We don't always recognize them.

No comments: