About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

What's for dinner?

I just finished a great meal. I went back to the neighborhood where I grew up and ate some of my favorite things...some healthy some not so healthy. It's always interesting to eat at a favorite restaurant that you haven't visited in a number of years. You always wonder if the food will be as good or whether it has lost it's appeal. Tonight, I was not disappointed in the food or the flood of memories that I enjoyed as I ate with Lynn and my mom and dad. Have you ever noticed that memories are powerful when they are associated with a meal? A great dining experience touches so many senses beyond the savoury smells and tastes. It seems that Jesus understood the power of a special meal when he sat down with his disciples to eat the "last supper" with them. As he drank and as he ate his comments combined the significance of the moment with a powerful anticipation of the future. He said, "I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God...I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes." (Luke 22:16,18)

No comments: