About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ask, Seek, Knock

The second part of Jesus' teaching in Matthew 7:7 is an encouragement to "seek". The promise is that if we will seek we will find. Our struggle to believe this promise is summed up in the words of a 1987 U2 song: "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". The words that follow Matthew 7:7 help me. Jesus points us toward relationships of love and trust. First, Jesus reveals that God, our Father, desires to give good gifts to us. Jesus concludes the discussion by pointing out that we should treat others as we desire to be treated. What does that have to do with seeking?

No comments: