About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Are you worried?

Well, I'm still pondering about what it means to win over worry. It is a subject that I will return to again and again. Psalm 73 has been a favorite of mine for a long time. The Psalm starts out with a vivid description of a worried soul. In the end the Psalm is resolved with some powerful encouragement. It is encouragement that comes from a trip to the "sanctuary" of God.

Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.
Psalm 73:25-28

No comments: