About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New Beginning

I have always been a morning person. Consequently, I'm not much of a night person. By the way, it's 10 o'clock and I'm blogging...this is a small miracle. I'm not sure why I have always enjoyed dawn more than dusk. But, it may have something to do with the joy of facing a new day with a fresh perspective. It seems like each sunrise brings new hope to my heart and a sense of God's grace for the day. In the words of an ancient prophet "Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day" (Lamentations 3:23). Last Sunday was a special day for us at Heritage Fellowship to celebrate God's grace. We enjoyed a church picnic. As a part of the picnic we had a time for baptism in water. Water baptism is a great illustration of a spiritual new beginning. It represents the dawn of a new day in the life of the person baptized. As the person is submerged in the water, it demonstrates that yesterday's guilt is left behind. And with emergence from the water, a new day dawns. I hope you greet tomorrow with a fresh hope!

No comments: