About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Number One

One of the most prevalent topics in leadership development circles is time management. Most time management gurus have a system to help us determine priorities. Becoming a wise steward of our days, weeks, months and years begins with some tough questions. What matters most? What do I value? What is most important today? I remember when I began my first "full time" pastorate. I was a few weeks short of 30 years old. I have often thought about the fact that Jesus was about the same age when he began his "public" ministry. Three years later he was crucified and ascended to heaven. That means he had less than three years to prepare his disciples (not always the sharpest knives in the drawer) to carry on the greatest mission this world has ever known. Jesus must have understood something about priorities and time management. It would help us all to listen to his great advice on priorities. Jesus said, "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you". Oh, by the way, the next thing He said was "therefore do not worry about tomorrow".

No comments: