About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Hey, vacation's over. That means I will be sharing a message at Heritage tomorrow. I'm looking forward to sharing a message that is very personal to me. It's about "winning over worry". Unfortunately, I can draw from a deep well of experience when it comes to worry. The words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount are a little hard to swallow. His words "do not worry" are pretty easy for me to understand. Yet, I have invested a lot of my time and energy worrying. In the end, Jesus characterizes worry as a result of "puny faith" (Matthew 6:30). That hurts! I will spend quite a bit of time this week pondering the relationship between the strength of my faith in Christ and my tendency to worry. I can't help but think that the strength of my trust in someone usually depends on how well I know them. If this is true with Jesus then winning over worry will require us to know Him better.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

It saddens me to know that I've missed what would surely be an awesome teaching. But there's always cable (if you're fortunate?) and I'll be waiting for it there ...

Looking forward to getting back to Heritage in the near future - I've really missed it these past months.

Paul Metler, Ph.D. said...

Thanks Brandi. Have a "worry free" week!