About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Luggage wheels

Luggage wheels. What is the greatest invention in recent years? Luggage wheels rank pretty high for me. Perhaps it is a reflection of just how much we tend to pack when we go on vacation. But, luggage wheels are awesome. Typically, we have three suitcases: each about the size of a baby elephant. With wheels it's a piece of cake. Of course, I have to fight my "man pride" that tries to convince me that I should carry the luggage even though they are equipped with wheels. This is not unrelated to our tendencies to worry. John Piper says the struggle of followers of Christ is "not a struggle to carry a burden, but a struggle to let a burden be carried for us". Jesus has invited us to find rest in Him. He has invited us to "cast our cares upon Him". Why not?

No comments: