About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ask,Seek, Knock

Questions are powerful. They express a full range of emotions. Sometimes they are rhetorical. Sometimes they are a cry for help. Sometimes they emerge from our lack of understanding and desire for knowledge. This week I will be giving a lot of attention to the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 7:7. Jesus taught, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you". It's a pretty bold teaching. Jesus encourages us to "ask". There have been many times that I have been teaching a class when I paused to give students an opportunity to ask questions only to be met with silence. What have you asked the Lord today?

No comments: