About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pause

Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 26:10)
One translation of that great Psalm reads "Pause awhile, and know that I am God". Hit the pause button today and determine to know God and know that God is God. The German theologian Karl Rahner wrote "Some things are understood not by grasping but by allowing oneself to be grasped". Of course that requires us to be still. It requires us to release ourselves - our worries and trust God.

No comments: