About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Follow me

Yesterday, in my morning message I referred to a great battle story in the Old Testament. It is found in 1 Samuel 14. It is a gripping account of Jonathan, the son of King Saul and his armor bearer attacking a garrison of Philistines. Though they were outnumbered and forced to approach the garrison through a treacherous and vulnerable route Jonathan and his armor bearer were victorious. One of the most powerful details in the account of this victory is the statement of the armor bearer to Jonathan. The armor bearer pledges to go with Jonathan and encourages him to "do all that is in your heart". Without question, Jonathan provides an illustration of transformational leadership. His leadership inspired his armor bearer to follow him into the face of great danger. Jonathan's leadership begs the question...do I know what is in my heart? What has God put in my heart? Can I influence/lead others in a positive direction if I do not know what is in my heart?

No comments: