About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Bumper Sticker Schizophrenia

I was sitting in traffic today and looked ahead to the black Ford pickup in front of me. I noticed the bumper sticker on the driver's side first. It was a slightly dated WWJD with the words "what would Jesus do" printed underneath. I'm not a big bumper sticker fan, but hey, that's always a good question to ask. On the passenger side was a bumper sticker with a miniature Yosemite Sam with two revolvers drawn and the words "back off". I thought to myself...isn't that interesting. I wonder which bumper sticker was purchased first? I wonder if the husband put one on and the wife the other? I wonder which one? Seemed to me the old F150 was sending a bit of a mixed signal. Isn't the idea behind behaving like Jesus that we would attract others to our witness? I can see it unfold as the driver steps out of the pickup..."come a little closer and let me tell you about Jesus....bam! the pistols come out...back off!" Unfortunately, this driver illustrates one of our biggest faults as followers of Jesus. We send mixed signals.