About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

School Days

As I sit at my computer at church I look out the window at a middle school. It's that time of year. Time to get back to school. It's brings back so many memories. Makes me want to put some beanie weenies in a spiderman thermos and pack my brand new lunchbox and head back myself. Though I'm not enrolled in school I want to be a student this year. I want to listen to my teacher. I want to engage in an intentional plan for development. I want to taste the anticipation of what will be revealed. The Psalms contain many great prayers. Here is a back-to-school prayer: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing." (Psalm 143:10)

No comments: