About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's Mine

I have a hummingbird feeder outside my window at church. I put a fresh supply out last week and there has been a flurry of activity around the feeder. I am amazed by one hummingbird in particular. We'll call this bird "Greedy" for identification purposes. Old Greedy has decided that the hummingbird feeder is there for him and no other hummingbirds are allowed to feed. If I spoke hummingbird (which I don't) I would pull a Dr. Doolittle and straighten him out on the facts of life. I put the food out. I didn't plan on just feeding him and no other birds. "Lighten up" Greedy and share the wealth! It does remind me of how we treat God's blessings. God does speak our language and He has told us in more than one location in the Bible to "share His blessings with others".

No comments: