About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Cheaters never win?

It's an interesting sports world. This week, Coach Belichick of the New England Patriots was fined $500,000 for cheating. It seems that the Patriots were pretending to be spies instead of a football team and they got caught. If you are a sports fan, this is another headline in a long list of headlines in the past year about cheating. Whether it's a story about HGH or steroids or spy cameras, it's getting a little bit old for me. Actually, it's quite a commentary on our culture. There will be many who raise the question, "Is it cheating if we don't get caught?" The dangerous carry over from this kind of thinking is evident to me with regard to our overall sense of morality. Take a trip through ancient history and ask King David if it is sin if it's not exposed? Well, when was the last time you hid something from God and were successful?

1 comment:

Brandi said...

"Well, when was the last time you hid something from God and were successful?"

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read the part where you say to go back and ask King David about sin. I imagine he'd think it's still sin even if you don't get caught. And he'd be right. Because the thing is, if other people don't catch you, it doesn't matter, God still sees everything. And it's His standard by which we are measured, not that of other humans, isn't it?