About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Have you been in the game?

I was watching a football game not long ago and I heard the coach ask one of the players whether or not he had been in the game yet. I could tell the young man was anxious to play and the coach sent him in for the next play. What a contrast to our Christian lives. Sometimes we are content to be on the sidelines. We would rather hide on the end of the bench where it is safe than be on the front lines risking ourselves. Sometimes secretly we hope the coach doesn't send us in. We become content watching others shine while we stay safe. We can be assured that our Head Coach, the Lord, knows whether we have been in the game yet. He knows exactly where we are and what we are doing.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Very inspiring, as always. I love coming here to check in and see what's up in your mind lately, it's always a treat to see what He's placed upon your heart.