About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Give grace to yourself and others

I need grace. You need grace. We all need grace. But the problem seems to be our ability to receive and extend grace in the right measure at the right time and in the right way. In one of Fenelon's letters he wrote "Don't let the compliments you receive from worthy people go to your head. On the other hand, do not let a false humility keep you from accepting God's comfort when he sends it through others." Pride prevents us from receiving God's grace and pride keeps us in "selfish" mode so much that we overlook opportunities to help others.

No comments: