About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Clean House

We just had some new neighbors move in across the street. They seem to be very nice people. They are unloading the truck today. Moving is a challenge. Since marrying in 1988, Lynn and I have moved three times. I don't enjoy packing and unpacking. One of the things that we have learned is that if you don't really really want something, then leave it behind. I tend not to be very good at throwing things away. I think the same applies to our spiritual journey with Christ. We need to evaluate the stuff we carry along with us and clean house periodically. The Bible teaches that bad habits and wrong ways of thinking can weigh us down and hinder our progress. Just because we have become comfortable with certain behaviors does not mean we are bound to continue. God loves to renew us and transform us. He asks that we lay aside the things that bog us down.

No comments: