About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

God bless you

I walked out to my car after lunch today and was met with a request for help. A lady in the parking lot had a dead battery. She asked if I minded to give her a jump. She already had her jumper cables out and I was happy to help. After we got her car started she said "God bless you" as I left. I replied "God bless you too". What is interesting about this story is the fact that yesterday, my wife Lynn had a dead battery at home. Our neighbor helped her get her car started. Coincidence? How about this - the day before I loaned our jumper cables to a preschool teacher at church because her battery was dead. How about that? How does God bless us? Sometimes it is in the giving. Sometimes it is in the receiving. When we offer kindness to others, God always sees and He always blesses us.

No comments: