About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Focus?

Do you ever read something and then say "ouch" out loud? As I was reading my devotional from Fenelon's writings today, I read "God never complicates what can be done simply. The focused life is the powerful life." Even though we might object and try to put up a fight with these thoughts, deep down we know it's true. Most of the time our complications flow out of a root problem: we haven't established what is most important. Start the day with total allegiance to God and His will and everything else flows from that. In the words of Jesus, "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other." (Matthew 6:24)

No comments: