About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 17, 2007

How's your day?

After asking the difficult question in my message yesterday, "Am I like Jesus?" it leaves me pondering my own productivity. Jesus poured meaning into the moments of His life here on earth. His presence defined the moments. Though His time here on earth was brief by most standards, He accomplished what was given to Him to accomplish. I am learning to allow His presence in my life to define me. Our thinking is so backward. We try to extract meaning from external sources. If someone asks us, "How was your day?" we are most likely to spout off about what happened "to" us rather than describe what happened "in" us or "through" us (particularly if we perceive it has been a rough day). It's not easy to change our thinking, but the presence of Christ in us will transform our thinking if we allow Him.

No comments: